Sunday 24 February 2013

Log 2

I gave in, and wrote BlueAdept back an e-mail. I just hope that he knows what he's doing...

Anyway, I have been making some progress toward my investigations. Investigating various Closed Shell Systems, I have come across some of the correspondences between the UK Secretary of State for Defence, Philip Hammond and his American counterpart Leon Panetta. The discussion was largely around Britain's renewal of their Trident Missile System (They're keeping it), but there was also a brief mention of St Mawgan.

RAF St Mawgan is an RAF camp in Cornwall. It is used primarily for training pilots, and other related tasks. However, in the 70s it was also used as a nuclear containment facility. There are 10 inch thick lead-lined cases throughout, and it's all very hush-hush. I think they're using it again.


Panetta: Trident stays. That's the order from the boss.
Hammond: The way he orders us around you'd think you were the one who founded our country.
Panetta: I don't make the rules. At least you'll have a use for that dump in Cornwall.
Hammond: We both know what's in there. Those things aren't getting out, even for Trident.
Panetta: Amen to that.

What's in St Mawgan? I will keep you updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment